Studio Neela Mission: To create new possibilities with people so that together we can move mountains, and just maybe, start a revolution.
About Nicole: After spending many years in the technical field I started to feel something was missing. It took me a while to figure out I'd spent a good part of 20 years limiting my life in order to fit the title of Engineer.
The reality is I'm a visionary, a leader, an intuitive, an adventurer, an artist, a traveler, a lover of laughter, and more. It was exciting and scary to come to this understanding. More of a relief than anything else because my life suddenly had color again.
So begins Studio Neela.....
The word Neela comes from a play on my initials and the feminine. It is also a Hindi word meaning , "Sapphire blue, color of the sea." There is so much more than what meets the eye when it comes to the sea. Studio Neela became a space to courageously explore a life beyond the role I'd limited myself to.
What followed was a strong desire for a creative space to explore bringing all of this together. How do you blend an engineering day life with an intuitive and artistic off-the-clock life? How can connection be built from the blended space? How much courage do I truly have to live a life I've dreamed of?
Those questions led me on an odyssey through self discovery. Traveling all 50 USA states, Canada, Europe, and Iceland as a solo traveler was the beginning. Many times inspiration would strike to pack up and relocate my life to new locations without knowing a single person to see what would happen. When financial debt decided to hold me hostage from a life I wanted the financial maven in me got busy taking her life back. Other life challenges required me to a take a long hard look at destructive behaviors and relationships that needed to be let go of. All of this cultivated the person I am today. None of it was easy, but all of it was so worth every drop of blood, sweat and tear shed.
A few things I've learned along the way:
- You can take the girl out of Detroit, but you can’t take Detroit out of the girl. Ingenuity, perseverance, integrity, tenacity, and courage are at the core of my signature work style.
- My strongest quality tends to be a natural curiosity that leads to a variety of comical and life changing experiences.
- The Dream Well never runs dry, nor does my curiosity of what's in there.
- That "thing" you know you are, but a word or title doesn't exist for it yet is waiting for you to say YES! at the chance to create it.
- Dreams will always be hard work and high risk, but have high payoffs of discovery.
- You are not a failure for taking a wrong turn, or changing your mind, on the path of creating a dream. Everything can be repurposed at a later date.
- In spite of every single choice you make you are still a worth while human being.
Sign up for news & updates
Stay up to date on the latest adventures and offering at Studio Neela. Promise to be spam free!